In order for the smooth running of our services, we ask patients to abide by the following rules surrounding appointments:
- Participate in your dental treatment, particularly any advice about prevention and diet that we have asked you to continue at home
- Arrive on time for your appointment. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late, you may be asked to rebook your appointment and it would be considered as a missed appointment.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, please let us know at least 24 hours before your appointment time. If you miss an appointment on two or more occasions without letting us know, or cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice on 2 or more occasions, we may need to review future provision of treatment for you at the practice.
- Attend at least once in a 3-year period. If you have not attended within this period, you may be deregistered with our practice. This is to make our service as efficient as possible to allow new patients to join that are in need of urgent and regular care.
- Tell us if your contact details (address, telephone numbers, email) change so that we can keep our records up to date and ensure that we are able to contact you
- Treat our staff courteously; they will do their best to help meet your needs
The following information can also be found in our practice leaflet, appointments policy and on display in our waiting room.